Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Day in Bear Lake

So, I was getting really sad on Wednesday night, my camera just quit on me. The lens got stuck half way in and half way out. I guess, since the camera was about 2 years old, it was time for it to go caputs. Electronics are designed to work for 2 years anyway, if you get more than that, it's a bonus.


That brings me to the huge "problem". We left yesterday for Bear Lake, Utah to spend the weekend away for Isaac and my birthdays. How can you have a birthday without a camera?


Well, I went to Walmart to think of a solution to my problem. I was thinking of getting a couple disposable cameras, but then there's the cost to process them and I'd end up spending about $15. It doesn't sound like much, I know, but if you consider that I could spend $15 on something that I don't really want just to get a new camera later, I decided to go with my next option - New Camera!! It was on sale and is a nice, cute little model.


The great thing about the new camera is that it takes the same memory card as my old camera. The bad thing is I left the memory card at home because I didn't think I would need it for the trip and didn't want the pictures to somehow find themselves erased. That being said, I can only take 6 pictures at a time with the new camera. I have the laptop (obviously) and so we just upload the pictures as we take them. Because of this, I have pictures of our tuilips that are going to have to wait. They are stuck on the memory card.


We are staying at the Worldmark Trendwest Resorts in Bear Lake. We have a two bedroom condo overlooking the Lake. I'll get pictures of that and put them up too. Here are the kids enjoying a movie while we got unpacked and settled.


For my birthday, Rob got me a Nintendo Wii. It's very exciting to now be part of the "in crowd". Here are Rob and I playing the Sports games.
Here is Isaac modeling Cosette's new slippers. He's all about "oohs" (shoes).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Rob got the Wii for himself and used your b-day as a reason to get one

Kid Wisdom

  • 6.9.15 (Sitting in Emma's office writing a string of abc's) Mom: You have to put a tail on the "u". S: You doesn't have a tail, Reesy has a tail.
  • 6.8.15 Isaac: You know, the grass-watering hose thing? Ethan: You mean sprinkler? Isaac: Yes, the sprinkler.
  • 4.1.15 S: I not sleepy {yawn}. Emma: You just yawned. S: What's "yawn" mean? Emma: That you're sleepy. S: I not sleepy!