We are building traditions at the Wood family. This is the first year we spent Christmas alone at our own home. Some of the traditions we have started are
1. Reading a childrens version of the birth of Christ before bedtime.
2. Tracking Santa with the NORAD "Google Earth" internet site.
3. Baking cookies and placing them on a special plate for Santa
Placing the cookies with a glass of milk by the couch for Santa to rest and snack
4. Once the kids were fast asleep Emma and Rob found themselves cuddling in front of a beautiful fire watching "The Three Tenors" sing Christmas songs on TV.
Santa came in the night and ate most of the cookies and drank all of the milk.
The kids were THRILLED to see he had come.
5. When Emma and Rob knew Santa had come, they placed wrapping paper up in the hall to prevent the kids from going in prematurely. They woke up at 6:15am and all together tore down the paper.
This is the sight they saw first, then found their stockings full of toys and candy on the couch.
Spending Christmas together developing traditions and lasting memories in our house was wonderful and more fun than we could have imagined. The kids have been so wonderful with each other and we have had the chance to relax and reflect on the reason for the season.