Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Just Felt Like Running

A funny thing happened today. I needed to go to the Young's to pick something up in the late afternoon. I told Cosette to get in the van and she told me she wanted to walk. I tried to tell her it was too far to walk (1.5 miles), but she wouldn't hear of it. "All right", I said, "You can walk, but Isaac and I are driving." I opened the garage, put Isaac in his carseat, and asked Cosette which way she was going. She said, "That way," pointing to the right. I said, "Nope, the other way." She was fine with that. I pulled out of the garage and she started to walk down the road. I stayed really slow with her. She started to run. Cosette ran 0.2 mile until I had her get in the car because the streets were too busy. She reluctantly obliged. I just thought is was funny she wanted to run to the Young's. On the way back we stopped at a friends house to drop something off. She ran home from there, 0.3 mile. I guess she walked the last little bit. I asked her if she was tired of running. Her reply was "No, I just want to walk."

Cosette will use Sign Language to bless the food sometimes with the help of Emma. She can do it on her own when she wants to. The other night Isaac started copying the signs that Emma was using to bless the food. He knows quite a few words in sign language but still will mostly grunt and point. Just like his good ol' dad.

2 comments:

Judaloo said...

Did your blog post get cut off? I want to know the rest of the story about Isaac signing!!

OneTreeForest said...

He only copies the "Dear Heavenly Father" part...and waits until the end when he gives a resounding "Amen" about 5 times because he's ready to eat!!

Kid Wisdom

  • 6.9.15 (Sitting in Emma's office writing a string of abc's) Mom: You have to put a tail on the "u". S: You doesn't have a tail, Reesy has a tail.
  • 6.8.15 Isaac: You know, the grass-watering hose thing? Ethan: You mean sprinkler? Isaac: Yes, the sprinkler.
  • 4.1.15 S: I not sleepy {yawn}. Emma: You just yawned. S: What's "yawn" mean? Emma: That you're sleepy. S: I not sleepy!