Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Break In

My Camry was broken into last night. Like before they only wanted my bag and jacket that were in the car. They left the Cd's and books on tape. The bag was a leather flip top brief case with all my church stuff in it, including scriptures. The jacket was a one year gift from the company I work for called Sorenson Communications. It was just a fleece jacket that I liked. Well I called the police they came out and took a statement and then I had my window repaired, all within a few hours. I went to work and after that was working on another home improvement project when the first counselor in the bishopric called and asked if I had lost anything. I said yes, my mind, but other than that a few things were stolen out of my car. He said he had the church bag with everything inside. Whoever stole it threw it in their neighbors yard a few doors down. The neighbor looked inside and saw a book of Mormon and knew they were LDS so she brought it to them and said "your Mormon, right?" they said yes and immediately recognized it as my bag. I guess whoever took it had a conscience after all and couldn't keep the most valuable thing in the car. They kept the jacket though. I hope tomorrow someone leaves my jacket on the doorstep with the $200 it cost me to repair the window. The lat time this happened? 7 years ago with my truck in Granada Hills. Welcome to California!

2 comments:

Judaloo said...

That stinks, but a really great stoey about the church bag. Go figure...Sorry about the $200.

Katy said...

sounds like a good object lesson about something ... just not sure what??

Kid Wisdom

  • 6.9.15 (Sitting in Emma's office writing a string of abc's) Mom: You have to put a tail on the "u". S: You doesn't have a tail, Reesy has a tail.
  • 6.8.15 Isaac: You know, the grass-watering hose thing? Ethan: You mean sprinkler? Isaac: Yes, the sprinkler.
  • 4.1.15 S: I not sleepy {yawn}. Emma: You just yawned. S: What's "yawn" mean? Emma: That you're sleepy. S: I not sleepy!